1st day: Arrival in Crete – visit the Knossos Minoan Palace – drive towards the beautiful traditional village of Arhanes and buy some local wine. On your way, you will find several wineries, where you should stop for a wine tasting. Then stroll through the village of Arhanes and enjoy a lunch at the square. (Specialty: Roasted lamb in the oven)
2nd day: Drive towards the east and enjoy the Lassithi Plateau’s wild nature. Visit the cave of Psychro. Then stop at the village of Krasi for a traditional Cretan lunch. There you will see a more than 1000 years old “Platanos” (plane tree). After lunch, drive towards Elounda and take the boat to Spinalonga, the ghost island of the lepers. Enjoy a coffee at the small harbour and relax by watching the turquoise of the sea and the small sailing boats.
- Extra tip of the day: Don’t miss Agios Nikolaos harbour and its beautiful little lake.
3rd day: Go towards the west and visit the small traditional museum of El Greco, in Fodele. Also the Arkadi monastery and the town of Rethymnon with its Venetian harbour and buildings.
- Extra tip of the day: You can cross the Samaria Gorge instead ( long 16km) or play golf at the Golf Course of Hersonissos or enjoy your “raki meze” at the sea side of the Cavo d’Oro restaurant (Old Port of Rethymnon).
4th day: Arrival in Santorini – have a boat tour to the unique Caldera of Santorini created by a volcanic eruption! Visit the crater of the volcano and have a swim at the hot springs around the main volcanic island or have an island tour where you get the chance to admire the unique views of the Caldera Cliffs and the small islands created by the eruption of the volcano.
- Extra tip of the day: Walk around the picturesque alleys of the villages and experience the unique Sunset in Oia Village famous all around the world!
- Where to eat: Taste the traditional cuisine of Santorini in “El Greco Restaurant” (Fira Town) and/or grab a bite of Sea Food in “Thalami” (Oia Village).
- Where to sleep: “El Greco Hotel”, in Fira or “Rose Bay Hotel”, in Kamari.
5th day: Visit the amazing remains at Akrotiri archeological site and experience the unique flavours of local wines in the most spectacular winery overlooking the Caldera Cliffs.
- Extra tip of the day: Enjoy shopping on the “Gold Street” in Fira Town and then coffee overlooking the Caldera.
- Where to eat: Taste the Mediterranean flavours in the restaurant “Pyrgos”, in Pyrgos Village and/or “Dionysos” Taverna, in Fira town.
6th day: Back to Crete or Athens and departure.